Tuesday, January 26, 2010

They're playing (exercising, really)


My kids and husband are outside this very minute, playing football and soccer in our front yard. I hear them screaming, laughing, cheering. And I love it because you know what? They are all exercising and they don't even know it (yes, even my husband, who would never admit to "exercising").

But really, it's a perfect day here: sun is starting to set, weather is cool, homework is done. So many kids stay inside this time of day, but I try to make it a point to get mine out before the "witching hour" of 6:00pm. It doesn't always happen, but we make it a few times per week.

If you have kids under the age of 8, try and instill an appreciation for the outdoors now - before they become distracted by other, less active, forms of entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment